• Bear
  • Bull
  • dating
  • family
  • holiday fun
  • Loverman
  • me me me
  • mommy stuff
  • single parenting
  • X factor



  • The Single Moms Survival Guide.

    FitYummyMummy.com.

    MyMommyBiz: Ideas For Work At Home Moms.

    There Is Life After What's-His-Name.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    A single, work at home mom of two. Both madly in love with and madly annoyed by my kids, my boyfriend, and my life. Who said this stuff was easy?







    The gentle sound of kids killing each other

    Why do you blog?

    Countdown to turkey

    A run down of us

    Well hello there




    A Mom in Red High Heels

    Single Mom Seeking

    Parenting Without a License




    RSS Feed
    Lunch
    Loverman has meetings all afternoon, but he was able to stop by for an early lunch date. Nothing fancy, just noodles from a box and sauce from a jar. I wish I could cook some fancy, homemade dish but that's not about to happen. At least not until the kids are old enough to give me space and quiet so I can think. When they start screaming and whining and asking for 50 million little things my brain just freezes up. That's usually when we have PB&J for lunch and call it good.

    I'm envious of the moms who seem to have it together. My two are enough to make my skin crawl at times. Not that I don't love them, I do. But I grew up as an only child, I'm used to quiet and calm and time to think. But these two are nonstop screaming, running, jumping, talking, moving machines. The only peace and quiet I get is after they're in bed for the night, and then I'm trying to clean up the mess they created all day.

    Down the road a few houses is a mom that just blows my mind. She's home all day with 7 kids, homeschools them all, and is the picture of peace and tranquility. She's so soft spoken, relaxed, and sane. She's always well dressed, even wears make up! The woman even has a garden and makes almost everything she cooks from scratch! How the hell does she do that? I can't even turn on the oven without stopping 5 times to break these two up or get them off the furniture.

    So I made spaghetti today. Loverman brought the boys poptarts, which did not help the situation at all, while I tried to cook the food. Even before he got there the boys were climbing onto the table and jumping off. 30 times I told them to stop and 30 times they climbed back up as soon as I was in the kitchen. But now they had pure sugar in their systems, so as I tried to not burn the meat they ran around in circles in the middle of the dining room screaming at the top of their lungs. Loverman hid in the bathroom.

    We did have a nice lunch with limited fighting. Then he was off with a quick kiss, back to the land of grown ups and mettings and conferences. And I'm here, pretending to be working. Oh God, I hear someone screaming "mama!". That's my cue to go.

    Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:

    Are you sure there are mothers who have it all together? :) Appearances are deceiving. We all have meltdowns, good days and bad days, and need breaks from the children we love so dearly.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you were encouraged. I need to encourage myself, too, especially with all the beautiful Christmas pictures popping up everywhere.

    Peace to you,
    Renae
    http://reflective.homeschooljournal.net

    11/30/07, 7:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home