• Bear
  • Bull
  • dating
  • family
  • holiday fun
  • Loverman
  • me me me
  • mommy stuff
  • single parenting
  • X factor



  • The Single Moms Survival Guide.

    FitYummyMummy.com.

    MyMommyBiz: Ideas For Work At Home Moms.

    There Is Life After What's-His-Name.

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: United States

    A single, work at home mom of two. Both madly in love with and madly annoyed by my kids, my boyfriend, and my life. Who said this stuff was easy?







    One of those moms...

    Lunch

    The gentle sound of kids killing each other

    Why do you blog?

    Countdown to turkey

    A run down of us

    Well hello there




    A Mom in Red High Heels

    Single Mom Seeking

    Parenting Without a License




    RSS Feed
    How I got a Loverman.
    I'm really trying to get into this blogging stuff. I never was the type to keep a journal or diary, so suddenly having one so open and online is a bit confusing.


    Anyway, earlier I was looking around at some other blogs and reading some when I came across this post. Six Types of Date You Will Encounter While Single I read it about three time, chuckling along the way. I can see so many of my ex boyfriends in this list. I'm tempted to put the X-factor in the first category. Not because he was so horrible, in fact before we had kids we were pretty much perfect for each other. But after our first son came it was clear we weren't clicking anymore. I was in my new role as a mother, he was refusing to add any more responsibility to his life than he had before kids. I used to say I was a single mother long before he left.


    But this isn't about him, it's about my new boytoy Loverman. He's probably a #3. Independent, not tied down, not trying to go any further than it is. I'm not sure if that means there's any future, but for right now it's perfect. He was actually a friend of the X, that's how we met. It feels a bit shady admitting that. There were a few sparks and I did have a secret crush on him, but we were adult enough not to take it anywhere.


    It was probably about 3 months after the X and I split. Loverman had just been dumped by his long term girlfriend, a woman he had been planning to propose to. So we were friends hlping each other through our mutual relationship woes. There was nothinggoing on, not friends with benefits or anything of the sort. Just someone who would sit on the couch and eat pizza with me late at night and understood why sappy commercials made me cry. My kids already knew him and were comfortable with him, though he didn't often come over when they were up. One night, out of no where he leaned over and kissed me. I mean kissed me. After that he started coming ovr more often, obviously wooing me. I stayed a bit distant at first, I was so nervous and scared! But he began to grow on me, and somehow the relationship evolved into waht it is today.


    Of course the X hates it! He feels that friends should never get involved with their friend's exes. I say if the spark is there go for it.

    Labels: , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home